I picked up a handful of digital cameras in the SkyMall promotion a couple of weeks ago, which I intended to resell at a modest loss. However, ever since two Canon PowerShot D10 Digital Cameras arrived, I haven’t been able to bring myself to advertise them. The more I read about them, the cooler I think they are. At the same time, my Delta SkyMiles account is about to be nicely topped off. With a shiny new camera and a stash of miles, my imagination is running as wild as an antelope through a mountain bike course. (Visual Aid: about 7 seconds into this video, office productivity meets my imagination.)
I haven’t had a chance to put this camera through its paces and I can’t provide a review, but the marketing has me sold: Waterproof! Freezeproof! Shockproof! Yes, please. I keep imagining how great it would be to actually own this thing and take it on a few trips I’ve been dreaming of. I can’t help but imagine that many of my readers might feel the same way about this nifty little device. So, I’ve decided to keep one for myself and give the other away to one lucky reader.
Blogging has been a ton of fun for me and much of it has to do with the readers. Taking the time to write and manage the blog can be wearisome, but hearing stories of other people’s successes and travel adventures makes it all worth it. I’ve learned as much as anyone by writing this blog and the best part has been helping people turn realize that the possibilities are greater than they ever imagined. So, this contest will encourage people to share their travel aspirations and let loose with their imagination a bit.
The contest begins now and will end at 11:59pm (Central) on December 31, 2011. If you want to be considered for the drawing, here’s what you need to do:
- Post a comment at the end of this blog entry with a brief description of a great destination where this camera would really come in handy. It can be an ordinary destination or somewhere remote, exotic, and only achievable through diligent mile collecting efforts.
Terms and conditions are as follows:
- The winner will be chosen through a random drawing on Jan 1st, 2012.
- Participants must enter an email address with their response in order to confirm the identity of the winner. Email addresses will not be sold, published, traded, or shared.
- Participants may enter more than once, but only one entry per email address will be accepted.
- The Man of a Thousand Places will have sole discretion in interpreting the rules of the game and determining the winner.
Get the adventurous neurons in your brain firing and let us know where you’ve always wanted to go! Creative answers won’t improve your odds of winning, but everyone else is sure to appreciate reading them!
Thanks to everyone and good luck!
Did you enjoy this post? Why not share it with a friend?